Winter is upon us and now is a good time to be sure you don’t get caught with frozen pipes in your home.
We have a couple of tips to help ensure this doesn’t happen to you.
1) Always leave your heat on at 68 degrees or above, even if you’re going on vacation.
2) Be sure to open all cabinets under sinks to let the warm air circulate.
3) Let water drip when the temperature is below freezing.
4) Be sure to make sure any non heated areas of your home are insulated and that any pipes near the exterior of the home are wrapped/insulated.
5) In the case that your pipes do freeze, immediately turn off the main water valve in your home and call a professional to prevent further damage
-The Neighborhood Handyman